BFHS Dance Program
The Dance Department at Benjamin Franklin Charter School does "it big". We cover multiple genres of dance. Competitions, community outreach, dance retreats, cultural experiences, choreography, dance festivals and student leadership all contribute for an invigorating learning experience. We "do it right". Classical ballet is our backbone and we strive for perfection in our technique every day. We "do it with style". Students are encouraged to explore their creativity and achieve personal growth in the performing arts.
Do it big, do it right, and do it with style.
- AZ State Cheer and Pom Tournament Champions
- 2019 AIA State runner-ups
- AZ State Cheer and Pom Tournament soloist state champion and runner-up
- Spring It on overall high score and Competition Champion in Lyrical
- 2019 USA Nationals Runner-Up in Hip Hop
- 2017 production of the Nutcracker
- "Best Costume" UDA Cactus Cup
- Introduction to Classical Ballet and Jazz: intro to ballet and jazz technique, performs in our Fall and Spring concerts
- Intermediate Dance (audition required): Builds upon principles learned in intro, performs in our Fall and Spring concerts and additional school performances.
- Advanced Dance (audition required): Advanced technique and choreography. Performs in concerts, some games and special assemblies, special ensembles and solos given. Performs for adjudication at dance festivals.
- Ballroom- introduction to many styles (including but not limited to: waltz, tango, rumba, samba, salsa, etc...) performs at concerts and some school events
- Junior Dance Company (audition required 7th-10th graders): Performance based group, may take in addition to a class listed above. Performs for JV and Middle School games, concerts, and events inside and outside the school.
- Chargerettes (audition required) High School Only: Varsity Pom team. Competes state-wide and nationally. Performs at Varsity athletic events, school functions, community events, and school concerts.