BFHS Orchestra Program
There are three orchestras at Benjamin Franklin High School: Concert Strings, Symphonic Strings, and Chamber Orchestra. Orchestra students participate in festivals and trips year round. In the past we have traveled to and performed in New York City! Email Ms. Petty to set up an audition: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 2018 ABODA Festival - Chamber Orchestra, Superior with Distinction rating
- January 2019 AMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival - 11 students participated in the State Solo and Ensemble Festival earning Excellent ratings
- February 2019 ABODA Area Concert Festival - Chamber Orchestra, Superior rating
- February 2019 AMEA Southwest Region Honor Orchestra - 5 Chamber Orchestra students were selected to perform at this Honor concert - Ryan Watson, Katie Lee, Nicole Andrews, Lea LaMont, Meghan Wheeler.
- March 2019 - Chamber Orchestra Participated in the Worldstrides Festival of Gold competition in Los Angeles, CA. With a score of 96.3 (out of 100) they had the highest score of all 6 orchestras attending. They were the only orchestra selected to perform at the Encore Concert on Monday night at Segerstrom Concert Hall! WOW! AND out of the 25 Charger musicians on the trip, 14 of them performed in the Honor Orchestra!
- April 2019 - ABODA 2019 State Concert Festival - Chamber Orchestra, Superior rating
- February 2020 AMEA Southwest Region Honor Orchestra - 4 Chamber Orchestra students were selected to perform at this Honor concert
- March 2020 - ABODA Festival: Superior with Distinction